Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!! Wow, time flows along thru this life very quickly. Memories flood my mind at this time of year, it seems. I remember when I was a boy, I wanted an electric train so bad! My family was a hard working family and really watched their finances. An expensive Lionel electric train like some of my friends had was far beyond our expense budget. I remember, laying in my bed at bedtime and hearing the adults playing with what I thought was an electric train, and it was. It had been passed down from a family who we were acquainted with, as their boys were young adults at that time, and it was one of the best presents I have ever had in my life. It mattered not that it was a used train. It was wonderful!!!

We decorated our tree the other day, after selecting it and bringing it home. Now at my age a 5-6 foot tall tree is difficult to bring or carry into the house. I used my hand truck, took it around to our patio back door and into the house. That was a good way to do it. Every year we talk about maybe down sizing the tree to a smaller one. We would probably need a table to place it on, and maybe we will.

How blessed we are with Christmas coming this year! We count our blessings everyday it seems. We will try to attend church on Christmas Eve, if we can, just recovering from flu, the both of us. Gosh what a debilitating illness.

I send out to our loved ones a special Christmas wish for the best in their lives: our Daughters, my Wife, our Grandchildren, and our Daughters' Husband and Boyfriend. I repeat, we count our blessings everyday and they are among our blessings.

I love quotations as some of you know. I want to close this issue of Blog with some of my favorite Christmas quotations. They follow:

"Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas."
~ Dale Evans

"I will honor Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year."
~Charles Dickens.

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."
--Norman Vincent Peale

"So remember while December Brings the only Christmas day, In the year let there be Christmas In the things you do and say."
-- Anonymous

"But I am sure that I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round...as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely."--Charles Dickens

"Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone."
~ Charles Schulz

Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."
~ Dr. Seuss

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! ENJOY!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: