Friday, July 13, 2012

Lunch Out With The Family?? Hmmmm.......................Sweet Tooth!



              Lunch Out With The Family? Huh?? Who Has The Sweet      Tooth, Anyway??


You know what it's like. It always happens this way. At least I think it does. You are talking or emailing a family member and someone says, "Hey let's do a lunch this week." Ok, "Sounds good, I think I can retain my diet conscious mind throughout a lunch out somewhere and eat properly." I must confess though, I am one who always, and I mean always enjoys a delicious and chocolaty dessert. Always have, always will! My Wife is a premier baker of all things, including the most delicious cookies, scones, cakes, brownies, lemon bars, cupcakes and the like. And don't ask my weight!! Some things in this life must be kept secret and that is one. 

Well just the other day I lunched out with 2 family members who ALSO have the reputation in the family as very big dessert eaters!! And I ain't talkin' turkey here, my friend. When I say BIG dessert eaters, I mean just that. How do you think I found out about Sees Candy?? Well we had an enjoyable seafood lunch, very satisfying and now came the big moment. The time to decide: Do we order DESSERT or not. I already knew the answer!! I looked at my two family members when I asked, "Will we do dessert!" I swear their pupils dilated, their eyelashes batted rapidly, they grabbed their forks and spoons and replied, "You betcha Papa!" That ended it all. Over came the waiter and we ordered the above Mud Pie with Oreo cookies spread throughout the ice cream. Note it is smothered in whipped cream and chopped nuts.

I could feel each bite of the Mud Pie swirling around and swimming around with the Seafood in my stomach. Wow, it was tasty, I will admit.

Why do people like dessert? Is it an addiction, or it makes one feel good, or what??!! I will never know, but I do know this. When we go out next week, I shall ask, "Shall we do dessert?" The eyes will roll, the eyelashes will bat, and the spoons and forks will be snatched lightning quick from the table and the waiter will slide over and lo and behold, the dessert order will go in.

Did I hear someone say, "I love dessert!" 8-)))

2 comments:

Ann T said...

I think it was the "Senior" member of the family who ordered the dessert!

bobmax said...

I have forgotten whose idea it was to have dessert.