Monday, December 3, 2012



Is This All There Is To It?

I have just come in from the garage where I have wrapped a Christmas gift for one of my loved ones. Does that seem strange to you? I wrap gifts in the Garage!!! Well, I didn't want wandering eyes to see what I was wrapping. And I wrapped the gift on the top of the Washing Machine! Now that is really something isn't it!? I wrapped the gift on the Washing Machine. Bet you don't know too many people who do that!! 8-)))) I know no one who wraps their gifts on the Washing Machine. 

I think of Christmas as a time wherein we can really sweep out the cobwebs of our mind and think of our fellow man/woman in whatever way we choose. Oh I will get to the subject of the delicious photos above in a bit. The other day(sounds like a story is coming doesn't it??) when we were leaving a certain store in our area, a young man approached me as I was about to get in the store. He had a big backpack on and talked to me a bit. He said things like, 'I haven't eaten in 3 days,"  "I am just off the road from _____ and am so hungry." So often we are repelled from such aren't we, well I couldn't be on this occasion and gave him some funds. Does it matter what he did with the money? Not to me. He needed it and so often I count my blessings about my existence, and this poor young guy needed some help. So I did! That is part of Christmas, taking care in some way of your fellow man/woman.

Above you see in the top photograph some of my Christmas Cactus that are blooming this very minute in December in our temperate climate. What beauty they bring to the Christmas setting I believe. And the next two photos are from my significant other's kitchen. I know she won't mind my saying "significant other." We approach our 50th anniversary rather soon! Hmmmm, wonder what we will do on our 50th Anniversary. I know we will probably consider a lunch at our favorite Mexican food restaurant nearby. Maybe. 8-)))

The Chocolate Kiss cookies are among the favorites in our family. They are outstanding and it is so true, "YOU CAN'T EAT JUST ONE!!" I know our Grandsons in Ireland would just love them!!! And the PUMPKIN PIE- wow just fab!!!!All made by Significant Other!!

Well for me, Christmas boils down to so many value oriented ideas and activities. I think of this one often and try to put it into practice:

"Shall we make a new rule of life from tonight: always to try to be a little kinder that is necessary."-James Barrie said that.

It is a good rule of life and works to make this world a bit nicer and KINDER! Try it--you'll like it!!

And when the next delivery man/woman comes to the door with a gift I have ordered for one of my loved ones, it will be----grab the wrapping paper, the tape and scissors and out to the washing machine!!!!!---unless my significant other is washing clothes, then...........well there always will be the TRASH BINS as a backup!! 8-)))) Happy Wrapping!!

Closing with a few wonderful words from people about Christmas. I hope you enjoy them.
MERRY AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

"For somehow, not only at Christmas, but all the long year through,
The joy that you give to others is the joy that comes back to you."
     - John Greenleaf Whittier

"Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves."
     - Eric Sevareid


"Until one feels the spirit of Christmas, there is no Christmas. All else is outward display--so much tinsel and decorations. For it isn't the holly, it isn't the snow. It isn't the tree not the firelight's glow. It's the warmth that comes to the hearts of men when the Christmas spirit returns again." 
--Unknown

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." 
--Norman Vincent Peale

"Christmas--that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance--a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved."--Augusta E. Rundel

Happy Holidays Everyone!! BT


No comments: