Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Fun Time


Halloween is here, and people all over the world are doing the strange changing of their identification/looks to that of a movie character, comic book hero, dancing girl, football player and who knows--oh some are looking like Zombies!!! Good Grief, get me outta here. Now as for me and my delightful spouse, we plan on a night of television mysteries, ice cream cones with the mysteries, and a night of relaxation and mystery. Well that is what we hope for. But the doorbell will ring, and on opening the door to a chorus of "Trick Or Treat" our relaxation and the continuity of the mystery movie will be interrupted. Oh well. Life goes on!!!!! A Pastor I know once said that in his Homily during a Service!! I do faintly remember Halloween, many years ago--and I mean MANY, as I now get senior discounts at stores and some cafes!!! That will tell you I am no kid anymore, only a kid at heart. The one Halloween I remember my costume was dressing up as a pirate. Someone, probably my Mom or Dad put something like charcoal or art chalk on my cheeks to fake a beard, I had the costume and bandana, but no sword. What the heck!!?? No sword, what kind of a Pirate does not have a sword? Well my Dad found a small piece of plywood that had no sharp points and that was my sword, and it worked fine! What a Halloween, it was fun, but the memories are faint. As to the other Halloweens, no thoughts or memories flood my foggy mind. My Grandsons in Ireland are fantastic, their Mom sent their photos of them in their costumes, wow, fantastic. They looked great!! And they were going to a party too! Well anyway, Happy Halloween. And I am happy to say my remote control on my TV/VCR has a pause button for when the doorbell rings. I think I will make myself up as a senile old fellow, and when I answer the door, will say, "What is Halloween? I have never heard of that. Candy, no way that will rot your teeth.!!" On second thought, I had better play the game right, so I can get back to the movie, it may be in a critical place in the plot, I cannot miss that!!!! Happy Halloween to all out there.

No comments: